Fire and Fury Games
We give history a second chance.
Machine Gun Grazing Fire
Machine guns may elect to fire at a single target using normal rules. This is called "Point" fire.
In certain situations, Machine guns may fire so that they effect more than one target. They place a
Grazing Fire Template(51k-Thank you Brian Cantwell)
which will attack every unit (enemy and friendly)
has an aiming point in within the template or moves through the template. This template is a
trapezoid which is 10" long. It is one infantry base across at one end and 2 infantry bases across at the other.
Grazing fire is subject to the following restrictions:
- The unit must be a troop class Medium (MMG) or Heavy (HMG) machinegun. Light and vehicle
mounted machineguns are
limited to point fire.
- To use grazing fire, the machinegun must be emplaced in an improved position or dug-in.
- The template can be placed so that its center line is within 45 degrees of the facing of the machinegun,
originating in the front aiming point. This gives it a possible 90 degree arc.
- The template can be placed in offensive, defensive, or during opportunity fire against any target that
lies within the 90 degree arc. It also may be placed at the beginning of the enemy maneuver phase instead
of defensive fire even if even if no targets are available.
Once placed, it remains in place until the end of the current player turn and may not be moved.
Note that the designated target must lie within the arc, even though that it is possible for targets
slightly outside the 90 degree arc to be affected by the fire if they lie within the template.
- The effect of the template does not pass through dense area terrain. It will effect units on the
edge of dense area terrain, but not deep or behind it.
- All units, enemy and friendly, which have an aiming point within the template are attacked with
a additional -1 modifier. The effect of the template is similar to that of an artillery interdiction fire (p.43). If a unit moves into or through the template, it is immediately attacked.
This page was last updated on 01/05/2020 at 07:26AM